Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:30:20 +0200
From:      Jonathan Calmels <jbjcalmels@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz+soc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Week 8][IPv6 Improvement] Activity report

Hello,

Here is my report for the week concerning the IPv6 improvement, under
Bjoern Zeeb's mentoring
The project aims to make more user space applications fully IPv6 ready.
Advancement of the project can be followed here [1]

I worked towards the YP system including the underlying libc/yp calls. I
had to update the ypbind protocol (v2->v3) and ypwhich accordingly.
Presently I'm fixing ypbind with the new protocol and I'm rewritting all
obsolete RPC codes. I also keep in mind that all the utilities should be
backward compatible.
More recently, the BSNMP team gave me samples of the IPv6 migration they
had considered to implement. As soon as possible I will focus on it and put
my shoulder to the wheel.

As a reminder, all patches can be retrieved here[2]

[1] : http://wiki.freebsd.org/IPv6/IPv6Improvement
[2] :
https://socsvn.freebsd.org/socsvn/soc2012/exxo/patches/https://socsvn.freebsd.org/socsvn/soc2012/exxo/patches/<https://socsvn.freebsd.org/socsvn/soc2012/exxo/patches/>;

Regards,