Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:20:41 -0400
From:      Michael Butler <imb@protected-networks.net>
To:        Chris <chrcoluk@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_?=, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Schmidt?= <sos@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gbde and geli on 6.2

--------------070903000003070809000406

Chris wrote:
> Hi I am concerned about the availabilities of these encryptions in
> freebsd releases that are marked stable.
>
> It seems gbde has a problem when the the data written goes over the
> lba boundary around lba48.

Could you please test the attached patch to /usr/src/sys/dev/ata/ata-all.c ?

I believe this may be due to the error in the underlying ata driver
rather than specifically to do with encryption.

As a side note - Soren, could we get this commited to both -current and
-stable if there aren't any significant objections?

	Michael

--------------070903000003070809000406

*** ata-all.c~	Thu Aug 30 17:23:15 2007
--- ata-all.c	Thu Aug 30 17:23:15 2007
*** 743,749 ****

      atadev->flags &= ~ATA_D_48BIT_ACTIVE;

!     if ((request->u.ata.lba >= ATA_MAX_28BIT_LBA ||
  	 request->u.ata.count > 256) &&
  	atadev->param.support.command2 & ATA_SUPPORT_ADDRESS48) {

--- 743,749 ----

      atadev->flags &= ~ATA_D_48BIT_ACTIVE;

!     if (((request->u.ata.lba + request->u.ata.count) >= ATA_MAX_28BIT_LBA ||