Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:01:19 -0700
From:      "Boune, Damian" <DBoune@co.napa.ca.us>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dual ATI Mach64/X-windows problem

Greets,
	I have a pc with an on-board ATI Mach64 VT, and I have a Mach64 GX
plugged into one of the PCI slots on the motherboard, running on FreeBSD 3.2
. I don't actually want to use both cards, just the GX, and the VT that is
on-board can not be disabled via hardware or bios. For some reason, I can
run XF86Setup just fine, but when I attempt to run X using the Mach 64
server, it simply stops and does nothing. There are no error messages, no
signs of anything happening other than the initial messages of the xserver
starting. The monitor and video card are properly set up in the x config
file as far as I know. X works ok when I pull the GX out of the system and
reconfigure the video server. Help!

Thank-you!

Damian Boune