Date:      Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:26:36 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        gord@angel.eicat.ca
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: install of Audacity

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 05:23:28 -0600, Gordon Gilbert <gord@angelsroost.ca>=
  =

wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As suggested by the failure, I'm sending this to you to see if you can=

> help get past this stop.
>
> I tried installing Audacity, and when it failed, I got the following:
>
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
> checking for gstreamer-0.8 >=3D 0.8.11.1... configure: error: no GStre=
amer
> found
> =3D=3D=3D>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to multimedia@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and  =

> attach
> the
> "/usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins80/work/gst-plugins-0.8.12/con=
fig.log"
> including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it mig=
ht  =

> be
> a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your  =

> system
> (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer-plugins80.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/wxgtk26.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/audio/audacity.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/audio/audacity.
> [2:6:306]root@angel:/usr/ports/audio/audacity> cd /usr/ports/multimedi=
a/
> You have new mail in /var/mail/gord
> [2:7:307]root@angel:/usr/ports/multimedia>
>
> Per instructions above, I've attached the config.log.

Your attach doesn't make it to the list, but I don't need it as your abo=
ve  =

output has gave a hint.

> Any possible help here?

You need to update all of your installed ports first before you install =
 =

Audacity. We have gstreamer 0.8.12 and you still have 0.8.11 or below. Y=
ou  =

should follow the same rule of report bug in '1. When should I make a bu=
g  =

report?' over at http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html .

Cheers,
Mezz

> Blessings,
>
> Father Gordon Gilbert+

-- =

mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome@FreeBSD.org
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia@FreeBSD.org