Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:31:16 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg upgrade suddenly wants perl5.18 ? where does it come from ?

Hi!

> I'm trying to do a general upgrade:
>
> # pkg upgrade
> Updating opsec repository catalogue...
[...]
> Normally, I use perl5.20, so why does it try to downtrade ? How
> do I find out the pkg that triggers the downgrade ?

Well, I made one test with a perl5.18 in that poudriere jail, but I was
not aware that all the depends were rebuild during that test. It takes
approx. 8 hours, I think I would have noticed that.

So:

  pkg rquery '%n-%v %rn-%rv' | grep perl5-5.18

shows me the ports that depend on perl5-5.18.

Fix: Delete those from the repo and rebuild those ports
(only approx. 1200...), @work.

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         5 years to go !