Date:      Sat, 3 Jul 1999 13:19:51 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        matt <matt@MLINK.NET>
Cc:        mariusz <mariusz@kam.pl>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh2 & class in login.conf not work ?

On Sat, Jul 03, 1999 at 11:58:50AM -0400, matt wrote:

> Unfortunately, we ALL have that same problem, SSH2 does not give you the
> choice (documented at least) to use login, while SSH1 does use login. So
> basically, my advice is to not even install SSH2 and run your machine
> strictly on SSH1, that's what I did on mine.

I hope not everybody has that problem.  The port of ssh2 in the Ports
Collection includes patches to make login capabilities work.  Are they
broken, or are you folks not bothering to make use of the effort that
the porters have expended to make this software work properly on
FreeBSD?

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Stay close to the Vorlon.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           *