Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:34:34 +0100
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   [fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar: 4.2 release iso image checksum]

----- Forwarded message from Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar> -----

Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:54:28 -0300
From: Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To: wosch@FreeBSD.org
Subject: 4.2 release iso image checksum

Sorry if i chose the wrong guy. Just went over the web site looking for the
most appropriate recipient for this email.

I downloaded the iso image for the 4.2 release, i386 architecture, from the
main FTP site (ftp.freebsd.org). I also downloaded the CHECKSUM.MD5 file
and compared the checksum for the 4.2-install.iso file with the one i got
after running md5sum on the downloaded file.
The cheksums are different, although both files are 668108800 bytes (my
local copy and the one in the server)

Could it be that the CHECKSUM.MD5 file is outdated?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

PS: if you think you're not the appropriate recipent for this request,
please feel free to forward this message. Or perhaps point me to someone
else?

Fernan

--

----- End forwarded message -----