Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:31:35 -0400
From:      "Alexandre =?iso-8859-1?q?D=E9ry=2Fdgt=2Fsct?=" <Alexandre.Dery@sct.gouv.qc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Booting the CD-ROM = read error

Hi there !

Completely new to FreeBSD, I'm a linux guy (mainly Slackware.... I like=
 the
hard way .. ;)

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.3 from CDROM (burned from ISO).

The machine is a dual P-233MMX, 384mb ram, 2 scsi disks (with NT4 on fi=
rst
disk).

The board is an Intel DK440LX, scsi controler embeded (aic-7895)

IDE CDROM, Master on 2nd IDE Bus

Planning to install FreeBSD on 2nd disk (where linux still is...)

I boot from the cdrom, and the only thing it says is 'Read Error'. Noth=
ing
else.

I've been able to boot that CD on many other pcs just fine.... and I've=

read the cd with NT... works well... so the CDROM itself doesn't seem t=
o be
the problem here...

Lilo is still installed on mbr... is that a problem ?

Any clues ?

Thanks a lot !!

Alexandre D=E9ry
Technicien Informatique
Direction des Services d'Inforoute/DGT/SCT
C.=E9l : Alexandre.Dery@sct.gouv.qc.ca
T=E9l : (418) 646-9273
Fax : (418) 528-0418=