Date:      Wed, 07 Jan 1998 14:03:19 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic: kmem_malloc: kmem_map too small

>I receive that mainly under SMP, but looking at vm/vm_kern.c I do not see

   Sounds like you need to increase the kmem_map size - you're running out
of malloc space. This can be done by changing VM_KMEM_SIZE in
/sys/i386/include/vmparam.h. The problem might indicate that you have a
very large system, a mistuned system, or perhaps could even indicate a
kernel memory leak. I suggest that you carefully analyze the output of
"vmstat -m" to determine where it's all going.

-DG

David Greenman