Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 1998 10:04:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Stuart Krivis <stuart@apk.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kdehelp doesn't work (KDE 1.0 and FBSD 2.2.7)

I was running FreeBSD 2.2.6 and the KDE 3.1b that came with it, then I
cvsup'ed to 2.2.7 and also upgraded to KDE 1.0. The help in KDE has never
actually worked. I had assumed that it was due to the beta status, but now
that I've upgraded and it still doesn't work...

KDEhelp _does_ work on my Linux machine, so I know it's possible to use
it. :-)

When I click on the help icon, or select help from any program menu, I
get some HD activity and then nothing else. On the console I get a message
something like "/kernel: cmd pid 3081 tried to use nonpresent SYSVMSG" or
whatever pid it was, then another similar message saying "/kernel: pid
3081 (kdehelp), uid 0, exited on signal 12 (core dumped)"

Has anyone else run across this? If so, is there a fix?

Is there a more appropriate mailing list to send this question to, or
is freebsd-questions the best place?

Thanks,

Stuart

--