Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2018 18:13:57 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firefox constantly trashing disk

Hello.

I think FireFox (ESR) on my system makes really too much disk I/O.
My profile is on an NFS drive, but I hear local disks spinning, so I
guess it's writing to /tmp or /var/tmp (or another local folder).

Looks like animations are what really make him go mad: just opening
https://get.webgl.org/ will start heavy disk activity which will only
stop when that page is closed; however even a simple gallery, where
images "slide" smoothly, will give a spin any time a button is pressed
and the image changes.

I'd like to dig into this and understand what it is doing.

Is there a way I can see what file Firefox is writing too?
I tried "lsof|grep firefox", but that will list some 1200-1300 entries
and I still don't know which is the one.

  bye & Thanks
	av.