Date:      Wed, 06 Oct 1999 13:43:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Erik H. Bakke" <erik@habatech.no>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Still ATA problems

I am still having problems with the ATA driver.
I am seeing the same error messages as has been reported on the lists during
the last few weeks, both on i386 and alpha platforms.
On the i386, the problem is just an irritating itch, but it seems to be
far more serious on the alpha, where the system reboots instantly when the
problems occur.
On reboot, the system stops at the probing of disks, reporting a timeout.
Then, the system reboots again, probing and rebooting in an endless loop.

I have the latest sources, as cvsupped today, October 6th.

I can provide more information on the system configuration if needed, but I
have no access to it right now.