Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:39:39 -0400
From:      "Howard Leadmon" <howard@leadmon.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Kernel Build Issues with latest cvsup of both a 7.2 system, and a 	6.4 system..

 As a follow-up to my original message, and I thank the couple people that
did respond with suggestions.  I seem to have found the issue, which is
apparently cvsup17.FreeBSD.org and some file inconsistency.

 I was using cvsup17 as it was a very close site hop/ping wise on my various
servers, in fact I even ran the cvsup several times against cvsup17 over a
couple different days (this has always been fine in the past).   Still
neither my 7.2 or 6.4 server would compile a kernel without the errors show
in my original message.   I then changed my cvsup to point to
cvsup8.FreeBSD.org, and of course ran a cvsup against the cvsup8 server
which did make a batch of updates.  After that I then attempted to build a
kernel on both my 7.2 and my 6.4 servers, and bingo it all worked perfectly.

 So I can only assume from this, something is out of sync and not right with
the cvsup17 server, not sure if any others are using cvsup17 and having any
issues, but I apparently am.  Not sure who this should be reported to, so
someone can check on the integrity of cvsup17..

---
Howard Leadmon