Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:31:34 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   port configuration suggestions

Hi

I've collected some stuff I've been working on, and I've put it up at
http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~nbm/portconf/portconf.html.

Basically it concerns the adding of a portconf target to bsd.port.mk, which
then checks what sort of configuration is requested, and applies it as
necessary.

At the moment there is one method, the use of "pdlg", which displays a
dialog window asking the user to select which options they would like
with regards to building a port, based on a configuration file which
comes with the port.  It can work in batch mode too, simply returning
default settings without any user query.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated, and I'll try get a more
challenging (and working) example later.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za