Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:56:07 +0200
From:      "Thomas Runge" <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mxv on freebsd with snd driver?

Julian Elischer wrote:

> has anyone managed to get mxv running on 2.2.8 with the luigi snd driver
> and an pnp SB16?
>
> It keeps telling me "this sample format not supported by hardware" when I
> try record, no matter what format I select.

There is a bug in luigi's soundcode affecting sampling. It's just
some kind of typo and I already submitted it via send-pr. But
it seems to take ages for low-priority bugs to get fixed.

So this is it:

Go to /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/snd and find this around line
993 in sound.c:

        if (ask_init(d))
            *(int *)arg = d->play_fmt ;

and replace it with this:

        if (ask_init(d))
        {
         if (d->play_fmt)
            *(int *)arg = d->play_fmt ;
         if (d->rec_fmt)
            *(int *)arg = d->rec_fmt ;
        }

This is for a 3.0 release system, but I guess, it's almost the
same for 3.1 stable or 2.2.8.

--
Tom