Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 14:21:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Lefty G." <lefty@area51.stjohns.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp, ed0 and getty... (fwd)

My current configuration is as follows:

A BSD box with an ethernet card and a modem
several win 95 machines with ethernet cards..

I have my BSD box set up so when I start ppp and connect to my ISP, it
will act as a gateway for the 95 machines.. This works fine, after I
start ppp on the BSD side, any IP requests from BSD or from 95 go through
BSD and then to the ISP..  The only problem I have is that once the ppp
link is established (immediately after..) the BSD machine will no longer
accept telnet or ftp connections... Is this a prob with getty or
something?  Then once the ppp connection goes down, the BSD box gladly
accepts telnet and ftp connections..

Does anyone have any info on this one? This would be greatly appreciated.

_L. Giakoumatos_