Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:19:28 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need help for DSDT for an Epox Amd64 MB

On Monday 23 January 2006 16:08, Bruno Ducrot wrote:

> > > Can't tell for sure if you don't test without ACPI loaded.
> > > It may be possible after all the apci_thermal subsystem trigger as
> > > (false) overheat situation which may explain a sudden shutdown.

hi=20
I think this is good for a follow up

actually this Epox MB is very good and there is no problem in the asl at al=
l,=20
appearently cpu-freq and acpi_thermal with passive cooling is also working=
=20
outstanding good.

the real problem was the memory. Even that I used dual-channel (Geil) chips=
=20
they caused the problem. I had them changed at the beginning because the=20
memory was my first idea. As last resource I sticked them in different slot=
s=20
as single-channel mem and it didn't crash anymore. I bought then some bette=
r=20
and more expensive corsair dual channel and now the board is running fine a=
nd=20
fast and stable for a week now.

The "not-accepted-memory" runs fine as dual-channel on an Asus MB so I gues=
s=20
Epox is more sensitive(more correct?) or Asus do not care about this so muc=
h.

Jo=E3o