Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:50:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        shawn <shawn@allnet.ne.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CD-R drive... Supported?

hey shawn,

first:

take a look at the hardware.txt file, or the supported hardware list on
www.freebsd.org.

second:

this is the wrong mailing list for this question, you should post
it to freebsd-questions.

thanks much, and good luck.

-- jan

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, shawn wrote:

> I have a Ricoh ATAPI CD-R drive that I have just stuck into my fbsd box. I
> read on the cdrecord page
> (http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private
> /man/README/README.ATAPI) that ATAPI is not supported. I am hoping that this
> info is old and that I can somehow use this ATAPI drive.
>
> dmesg shows the drive information detected correctly...
>
> Can anyone out there tell me for sure?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan@caustic.org
   "Never laugh at someone until you've walked a mile in their
         shoes. Then laugh. For you are a mile away, and
                      you have their shoes."