Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:53:53 +0100
From:      Andreas Nilsson <andrnils@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Was Re: FreeBSD 10.1: Intel dual port 10GbE card (82599EB) second port not present?: SFP+ on intel xl710

Hello,

the discussion about unsupported sfps on intel card got an interesting turn
today: a colleague wanted to do some pps (on linux) testing on an intel
xl710 card, but the sfps we had was not supported.

Reading the previous thread, I suggested there might be a sysctl to accept
"other" sfps. Long story short, just for fun we booted a FreeBSD 10.1
system, and the card was recognized ( yay! ) but still "no carrier" from
ifconfig.

sysctl hw.ixl didn't show any tunables for "unsupported_sfp". Is this chip
more picky about the tranceivers?

Best regards
Andreas Nilsson