Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:11:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   middle mouse button emulation broken in 4.0-STABLE?

Not sure if this should go to -current or -stable, since we seem to get a
lot of instant MFC's these days :-).  I upgraded a notebook from
4.0-RELEASE to -STABLE last night.  After doing so, I noticed that the
middle mouse button emulation in moused seems to be fairly broken -- i.e.,
once it's enabled, I can no longer drag with the left mouse button
(although I can with the emulated middle button).  If I turn off
emulation, the left and right buttons drag normally, but now I can no
longer paste in X :-).

I'd love to get this fixed--middle mouse button emulation is actually
pretty useful. :-)  Sadly I can no longer use my mouse keyboard switch
with my roller-ball mouse--for some reason it results in the psm synch
error and vast numbers of anomolies when I switch away from certain
machines, so I'm stuck with emulated.

  Robert N M Watson