Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 2012 04:21:25 -0500
From:      Raymond Wagner <raymond@wagnerrp.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic after vnet/jail destroy

On 2/18/2012 01:41, Joe Holden wrote:
> jail_relay_exec_poststop0="ifconfig bridge0 deletem epair0a"
> jail_relay_exec_poststop1="ifconfig epair0a destroy"
> jail_relay_exec_poststop2="ifconfig bridge1 deletem epair1a"
> jail_relay_exec_poststop3="ifconfig epair1a destroy"

The kernel panics when you try to destroy an epair.  This is a known
issue, and not a new issue. I've see the same problem at least as far
back as 8.1. The current work around is to simply not destroy them when
you bring down your jails. Of course this does mean you will build up a
collection of unused epairs.