Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:01:28 -0400
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new rc.network6 and rc.firewall6

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 08:59:36AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Oh... and the PROVIDE/REQUIRE/WANT lists really, really want to
> be "per service name" rather than per program name, so I could,
> for example, have a service that depends on "smtpserv", and not
> care if it was sendmail or qmail or whatever, only that there
> was a protocol aware program sitting on the SMTP port, waiting
> for a connection.

i believe, from the quick look i took at this last night, that this is
the way it is done, at least for mail servers, as there seems to be
provisions for both sendmail and postfix (well, i remember postfix
specifically, and i assume sendmail was there).

--
garrett rooney                           my pid is inigo montoya.
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net             you kill -9 my parent process.