Date:      Wed, 08 May 1996 18:43:55 GMT
From:      hal@snitt.com (Hal Snyder)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de, nash@mcs.com
Subject:   termios'ed getty

On Tue, 7 May 1996 23:29:29 +0200 (MET DST), J Wunsch
<j@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:

> So now the US$ 4.99 question: what do people think about completely
> ripping out support for the obsolete V7/oldBSD-style sgtty options in
> getty?  Does anybody know somebody who's really using all these
> f0/f1/f2 flags in gettytab?

> If nobody objects within reasonable time, i consider removing all the
> compat cruft that's no longer needed.

This is from memory of a few years ago when Coherent was moved from
sgtty to termio:

If iBCS2 compatibility is a consideration, there may still be SCO apps
out there which expect the V7 calls.  I suspect a fair number of them
will never be recompiled.

There are a dozen or so SCO-specific extensions to the standard iBCS2
system call table - including as I recall stty and gtty.