Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 1996 13:56:27 -0500
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        grog@lemis.de
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI (was: Who needs Perl? We do!)

   Yes, I've seen other indications of this.  It might mark a trend
   towards maturity in the market: even Micosloth users are gradually
   asking why this expensive "operating system" keeps crashing, and
   people with multimedia applications probably wonder why programs
   sometimes hang for half a second before continuing.  The German trade
   magazines (not necessarily reliable) claim that there's a trend
   towards SCSI, too.

This may be changing the subject, but then again, how many in this
thread are about Perl?

What are these A/V drives I see nowdays?  Are these just
standard-issue SCSI drives trying to get on the 'multimedia'
bandwagon, or is there really something else to them?