Date:      Sat, 01 Jun 2002 11:21:52 -0400
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        Matt Snow <drama@slakin.net>, rahermon@iastate.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Telnet localhost 25

At 08:08 2002/06/01 -0700, Matt Snow wrote:
>Its always fun when you find the answer to your problems or mistakes.
>Then when you realize it could have been fixed in a matter of seconds
>with a few keystrokes, that is when frustration sets in.
>
>* * * * * * * *
>Matt
>  (@) drama@slakin.net
>  (w) http://slakin.net.
>
>On Sat, 1 Jun 2002 rahermon@iastate.edu wrote:
>

> > After much headaches for some reason I decided to check the lo0
> > interface and to my surprise :-)
> > # ifconfig lo0
> >
> > lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
> >         inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
> >         inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x3
> >
> > then # ifconfig lo0 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast
> > 127.0.0.255
> >
> > Problem solved. Thanks. Only posted for the benefit of future searches
> > on similar problems.

Just wanted to say, thank you for the consideration--although I haven't had
this particular problem, few things are as frustrating as doing a search on
deja, finding that someone had your identical problem, then, before anyone
posts a solution, posts a follow up of never mind, figured it out and fixed
it, with no details about how they did so.

Thanks
Scott Robbins