Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 96 14:06 MEZ
From:      me@tartufo.muc.ditec.de (Michael Elbel)
To:        guido@gvr.win.tue.nl
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: notebook: which one

In lists.freebsd.hackers you write:

>I am looking for a notebook that is well supported under FreeBSD.
>It should have 16 mb and a decent screen and have either a 0.5 or 1.0
>gigabyte fixed disk. I am particularly interested in which brand is the best
>to choose.

Just one for the record. We've had good results with NEC Versas here.
The (albeit a bit pricey) Versa 6030X (P133, 1.4GB Disk, 16 MB RAM standard,
upgraded it to 48MB, 1024x768@16bpp Display) works like a charm.

The latest XFree86 is running nicely in 1024x768 mode.

Nate Williams originally recommended the NEC units, I haven't regretted it.

Michael
--
Michael Elbel, DITEC, Muenchen, Germany - me@muc.ditec.de
Fermentation fault (coors dumped)