Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 2009 18:03:52 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: skype problem with fc10 and worldofgoo-demo

Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Typically, there are two major providers of libGL (both native and Linux
> flavors): linux-*-dri ports *or* nvidia-driver, depending on what gfx card
> you have).  Now the problem here that linux-*-dri ports install *both*

It's not a problem. It's a feature. ;-)

> libGL and libGLU, while nvidia-driver installs just libGL (which is
> perfectly fine, since only libGL must directly interact with hardware
> via kernel module, for example).  Recently bsam@ committed linux-f10-libGLU
> port with allowed me to port WorldOfGoo; previously, it was impossible
> without ugly hacks, since I use nVidia card + drivers, which conflict
> with linux-*-dri (the latter was the only provider of libGL for f10 until
> recently).
>
> Ideally, any port that needs libGL and/or libGLU should depend on libGLU
> *and* either libGL *or* nvidia-driver.  Ports that depend on linux-*-dri
> to get these libs are very likely to drag conflicts sooner or later
> (this is especially true for nVidia cards owners).
>
> Perhaps Boris can shed more light on the subject.

I've just emailed a patch for games/linux-worldofgoo-demo. Many other
ports which need linux libGL/libGLU (either for nvidia or not) use
those checks. It seems to work fine for other ports and should fix
the case here. All conflicts seems to be dealt by that check either.
Am I missing something?

--
WBR, bsam