Date:      Wed, 03 Jul 2002 05:42:15 +0200
From:      Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
To:        aaron g <click46@operamail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Non-X11 Build?

aaron g wrote:

>I'll admit I'm not terribly familiar with clusterd - yet. I tried to build it last night on one of my two headless FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE machines. Can clusterd be configured and ran without the GUI admin tool? I spent a total of 5 minutes reading the make man page and trying to figure out how to implement a -DNO_X11 flag :-)
>
>- aarong

Yes, it is possible, but I never spent much time at it
(and yes, an opportunity for more documentation).

The solution is to use the 'cluster' command and give
it the option 'config'.  This puts you into a configuration
shell (much like the TCL program uses internally)  From
there you may issue commands.  Somebody should look
at the way that the TCL program works and pull out the
commands.

Perhaps a "wrapper" should be written so that at least
the output looks "pretty".

Andy