Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2013 04:08:04 +0800
From:      Jia-Shiun Li <jiashiun@gmail.com>
To:        George Mitchell <george+freebsd@m5p.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: What's the recipe?

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 11:28 PM, George Mitchell
<george+freebsd@m5p.com> wrote:
>   CC     pixman-arm-neon.lo
>   CPPAS  pixman-arm-neon-asm.lo
> /usr/include/float.h: Assembler messages:
> /usr/include/float.h:43: Error: bad instruction `extern int
> __flt_rounds(void)'
> ./pixman-arm-neon-asm.h:947: Warning: ignoring redefinition of register
> alias 'dst_w'
> ./pixman-arm-neon-asm.h:947: Warning: ignoring redefinition of register
> alias 'src'

I was digging around this but got confused, since I am not familiar with asm.

I commented out the declaration of __flt_rounds() in
/usr/include/float.h and the compilation of pixman worked. Well,
except there were still warnings complained about redefinitions like
above. I'd like to ask if the questions are not too trivial:
- is it ok to include .h from a .S file and having function
declarations in .h files? It does not seem to work in this case.
- shall we disable neon instructions for all ports before hardfloat is
available, since neon depends on VFP? Or disable them all before
additional armv7 support is available?

Regards,
Jia-Shiun.