Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 16:18:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Book (Forget ORA)

Seeing as how ORA does not seem interested in publishing any FreeBSD
material, I wrote addison wesley. They appear to be open minded about it,
well ok at least they replied :)

As you will note in this mail ireceived from them they had already talked
to someone from the FreeBSD camp at the '96 USENIX meeting, and I assume
it was jordan? Anyway here's the reply I got and I am hoping something
actually will happen. It would be great!

------------

Dear Chris-

Thanks for contacting us.  Quite interesting (I have Free BSD 2.1 from
Walnut Creek here)!  I spoke with someone from their group about such a
book at Usenix, January 1996 in San Diego.

The person for you to speak with is Carter Shanklin, copied on this email.
He operates from our Menlo Park, CA office, and I know he'll be in touch
with you directly.

--

===================================| Open Systems Networking And Consulting.
  FreeBSD 2.2.5 is available now!  | Phone: 316-326-6800