Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 1995 12:04:34 -0600 (CST)
From:      Paredes Sanchez Martin Alejandro <a16788@itesocci.gdl.iteso.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Terminals in serial ports or with modems

	Hi.

	I don't remember if i am subscribed in this list, so i'll
appreciate that you send to me at least a copy of the answer.

	I installed a serial multiport (8), and i had been trying to
enable a terminal via modem and when i couldn't i try with a terminal via
serial port, the terminal is an HP 700/60 (to be honest, i am not sure
about the configuration in tha cable that i use for the terminal, but
with the modem i use the normal cable for a modem).

I modify the "/etc/ttys", i enable this line:

ttyd2	"usr/libexec/getty std.9600"	dialup	on 	secure

i also use this one:

ttyd2	"usr/libexec/getty d1200"	dialup	on	secure

but the only message i get is :

(date) (machine) getty: /dev/ttyd2: DEvice not configured.

i am using a modem Codex Motorola 3268 and maybe it isn't configured
properly but i don't have any idea wich configuration use.

Please don't forget to respond directly to me.