Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:57:31 -0700
From:      Orion Hodson <orion@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
Cc:        Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: panic: mutex pcm0:play:0 not owned at  ../../../kern/kern_mutex.c:339

/-- Jun Kuriyama wrote:
| At Sun, 18 Aug 2002 07:17:07 -0700 (PDT),
| Orion Hodson wrote:
| >   Modified files:
| >     sys/dev/sound/pcm    dsp.c
| >   Log:
| >   Apply reference counting patch.  Fixes problem of two applications
| >   opening the device, eg one read only and one write only, and the
| >   reference count being non-zero when both exit rendering device
| >   permanently busy.
|
| After this, I got a panic around sound.  With r1.54 of dsp.c, it looks
| fine.

I'll try to deal with this promptly now, if I can't fix it in the next couple
of hours (pretty tired now), then I'll back it out.  I'm in the process of
drafting a note to cg as it would be good to do something about the audio
locking warnings.  If it doesn't bust his outstanding mixer mega commit I'm
interested in fixing this rsn.

Thanks
- Orion