Date:      20 Apr 2001 23:46:59 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   rmail and sendmail

I've noticed that /bin/rmail is not upgraded by a 'make installworld'
(in fact, that's the only file in /bin older than this installworld).

Looking at the sources, it seems that its build depend on sendmail and
i don't build sendmail...(NO_SENDMAIL=   true in my /etc/make.conf)
because i'm using Postfix and i was thinking it was overkill to have
sendmail as i never use it.

Using UUCP both for News and Mail, i do need rmail. Is there a build
option to enable rmail building without sendmail or should i build the
whole stuff only for rmail ? If not (as i'm afraid of), is it a
feature we may consider to add ?

As a related question, am i wrong when thinking that i can remove all
files older than my last installworld in /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin,
/usr/sbin, /usr/lib ?

        Thanks in advance,
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1291167292 secondes.