Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 1998 08:39:02 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        D_Mertcan <ah109@city.ac.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Technical problems...

On Mon, Feb 02, 1998 at 11:18:04AM +0000, D_Mertcan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> About two weeks ago I purchased freebsd from e
> walnut creek cdrom and installed it on my pc.
>
> I have got most things working on it apart from sound and X windows.
> I have not been able to find the right protocol for my mouse.
>
> I have a Microsoft Intellimouse.
>
> My soundcard is a Soundblaster Pro and I have a STB Velocity 128 4MB Ram
> Videocard and and 17" Dell Monitor.  Are there any special configurations
> for these since the latest Videocard seems to be the STB Velocity 3D or
> the STB 64...
>
> I would be much obliged if you would help remedy these problems.

I don't know the Microsoft Intellimouse, but I assume that, like most
Microsoft mice, it only has two buttons.  Under these circumstances,
you should really consider getting a new mouse, such as a Logitech 3
button mouse.  If you also use Microsoft software, you'll be
interested to know that Logitech supply a driver which emulates
Microsoft's silly double-click with a press of the middle button.

Greg