Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:52:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Mats Dufberg <mats@dufberg.se>
To:        Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/58784: [ata] ATA does not work in DMA mode (ASUS P55TP4N motherboard)

On Sep 11, 2006, 12:29 (-0000) Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Synopsis: [ata] ATA does not work in DMA mode (ASUS P55TP4N motherboard)
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: remko
> State-Changed-When: Mon Sep 11 12:28:40 UTC 2006
> State-Changed-Why:
> Hello,
>
> Can you tell me what kind of cable you use to talk with the
> ATA controller? they can really make a difference (from not
> working to working); in my own setup i needed to replace
> my 40 pins cables to 80 pins cables.
>
> Also; just for the record, can you tell me whether this is
> still a problem for 6.1 release?

I'm sorry. I hade three machines with the same problem, but now all of
them are "gone". I did chech the cable, and note that FreeBSD 4 was never
a problem, only FreeBSD 5 and 6.

The motherboard is for Pentium CPU ("Pentium I"). I guess few of them are
left now.

Mats

Mats Dufberg                                      mats@dufberg.se
Blaoarvsgraend 42                                  +46-8-38 48 59
SE-162 45 Vaellingby, Sweden                      +46-70-258 2588