Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:52:31 -0400
From:      Mark Filipak <filipak@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mark asks: Easy way to copy CD-ROM > MS-floppy?

Giorgos Keramidas kindly wrote:
>         # split -b 1400k s_apache.tar.gz

Hmmm... would that be 1,400,000 bytes or 1,433,600 bytes? -- How does FBSD
do the math? No matter... (read on before jumpping on the 'reply' button)

Perhaps Giorgos and Ken can fight this out between themselves and give me
a consistent way to do this. Ken's suggestion seems a little redundant
regarding arguments. I'm going to *split* the difference (no pun intended)
and try this:

         # split -b 1457664 s_apache.tar.gz

This (i.e., "1457664") allows room for an msdos root directory, that is,
it is what is read as the actual free space after msdos formatting.

I love you both -- you guys make it all worthwhile. I'll let you know how
it came out off list.

Thanks! -- Mark
--
See my resume: http://home.earthlink.net/~filipak/resume/