Date:      08 Feb 1999 00:18:50 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@auss2.alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIS woes

[moved to -hackers]

Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@auss2.alcatel.com.au> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no> wrote:
> > Tcpdump does not work on PLIP links,
> Check out http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=7241
> This includes fixes for PLIP in lpt.c, but the code in ppbus/if_plip.c
> looks virtually the same.  Note that lpt.c with Bill Fenner's patch
> did not compile and needed the following additional patch:

The first patch in that PR is IMHO incorrect. It introduces a new link
type which is identical to DLT_NULL except that it has a two-byte
header instead of a four-byte header. In short, it's a big patch that
does nothing except break compatibility with other systems that use
LBL's bpfilter and libpcap code.

The second patch looks quite close to what I had worked out (see my
works.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no