Date:      26 Jan 2001 09:44:52 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IS THERE HOPE? (was - installing FreeBSD from PCMCIA devices)

Hi all,

Sorry to keep bugging with this question, but I really want Linux off
of my laptop. The laptop is a Sony PCG505.

I have tried to install FreeBSD from the pcmcia cdrom drive, and by
booting off of floppies and then installing over the pcmcia network
card (3Com).

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I just need to get the install
going and then I'll be ok, but I can't even get that done. I have
tried all of the memory address options with IRQ's 3 and 10, but it
can never find the pcmcia device.

If I can't get the pcmcia side of things fixed, what are my other
options to do an install ?

TIA,

--
- Wayne Pascoe