Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2009 18:09:24 +0000
From:      Rick N <solarux@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FBSD Release 7.1 ; weird usb mouse NON-DETECTION; /dev/ums0 ?

Hardware:
(laptop)IBM Thinkpad T40 (which was pretty standard i386 to me)
Bios set to defaults:
=20
-cannot detect mouse/or thinkpad mouse controls in either console or "X" on=
 above hardware.
 In dmesg when I re-connect the usb mice it pops up as /dev/ums0=2C which t=
o me means U..MassStorage device ?
Also=2C "sysinstall" doesn't grab it and I tried ALL the multiple options/c=
onfigs. ?
=20
Notes: (BTW: on PCBSD=2C Linux=2C Win=2C ... it's all fine - my usb-connect=
ed mouse worked FINE) ?!=20
 I've googled various attempts but they all seem to point to the same littl=
e problems =3B it hangs and/or don't work.
=20
 is this a little buggy thing with FreeBSD Release 7.1 ?
=20
If anyone needs any other/specific details? let me know
thanx much again for any help.
=20
Rick.

Keep in touch and up to date with friends and family. Make the connection n=
ow.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/=