Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:43:40 -0700
From:      Jason Kraft <jkraft@flyingcroc.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfs mount problem

Hello,

I am running FreeBSD 4.1.  I have made an NFS mount.
server:/some/partition /mnt   nfs     rw 2     2

If I start to bring over files from that mount partition (/mnt) to a
local directory,
say  /some/other/directory,  it times out if I open up another terminal
and type ls in
/some/other/directory.    I am not sure if there is something I can put
in my fstab to help from this timing out problem.

I have read the man pages for mount_nfs and nfsd.

Any suggestions?

Jason Kraft