Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 10:49:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new-bus breaks both sound drivers

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Peter Wemm wrote:

> For what it's worth, PnP has for the most part not been changed under
> new-bus and is using the old mechanisms.  The only significant risk is that
> the attach code doesn't like what I've done with the emulation of
> isa_device->id_id for "unit numbers".

Well, something appears to have changed.  My internal PnP modem is no
longer detected.  I just checked sio.c, and it appears as if the PnP id is
still there.  I've got:

controller pnp0
device          sio0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" flags 0x10 tty irq 4

in my config file.  Previously dmesg|grep sio would return:

sio1: irq maps: 0x1 0x9 0x1 0x1
sio1: type 16550A
sio1 (siopnp <Cardinal MVP288IV> sn 0x00416288) at 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 3 on isa
sio0: irq maps: 0x1 0x11 0x1 0x1
sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa
sio0: type 16550A
apm: found APM BIOS version 1.2

Now it returns:

apm: found APM BIOS version 1.2
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A
sio0: interrupting at irq 4

> I'm sorry, you're going to need to have a bit of a look around and turning
> on or inserting some debug code to see what's happening.
>
> Cheers,
> -Peter

- alex