Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:38:13 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, jesusr@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/13060: linux_base-5.2 fails to install

On Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 11:01:00AM +0200, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

>>> bash-1.14.7-13.i386.rpm
>>> ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 not found
>>> execution of script failed
>>> error: /usr/ports/distfiles/rpm/bash-1.14.7-13.i386.rpm cannot be installed
>>> *** Error code 1
>
> # ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 not found
> # execution of script failed
> # --
> #
> NEEDLOADLINK=           true

Although the PR was submitted from a machine dated Aug. 9.  That
doesn't mean the sources are current from Aug. 9, of course...

Jesus, can you clarify?

I'm almost tempted to suggest making NEEDLOADLINK the default,
since more people than I expected are running blindly into it.
<grr>  <kicks himself for not getting off his ass and actually
getting FreeBSD-version bumped when it should've been...  ...Lesson
learned, I suppose...  Could still be done, or someone could write a simple
script that tests for broken machines...>

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.