Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:12:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: C4232 Sound Drivers

According to Luigi Rizzo:
> >  This is a CS4232, but LDN 0 is disabled
> >  pcm0 not found
>
> which , if you read it,is exlicit enough... you have to enable the
> device using the manual pnp config booting with -c
>
> "man pnp", "man pcm", read /sys/i386/isa/snd/{CARDS,README}

Er... Luigi? That is FAR from "explicit enough" :-)
It's damn cryptic actually. I think it might be a good idea to change that
message to:
This is a CS4232, but LDN 0 is disabled (To enable: "man pnp" and "man pcm")

Or something of that sort. It might save quite a few questions from people.
Just an idea...

  /Mikael