Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 2002 10:42:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jim Arnold <jim0266@yahoo.com>
To:        Totally Jayyness <Jayyness@mindspring.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't seem to assign a different port for http (apache)

At 9:22 AM -0700 11/16/02, Totally Jayyness wrote:
Yeah, I tried that also, I just didnt' explain it
well.  After the Listen 14
or 1124 didn't work, I removed that line and did go
further down and changed
the

Port 80

Port 14

and then

Port 1124

Stopped and restarted the httpd daemon each time.
Hmmm.... do I need to
reset a different daemon or another daemon maybe?

Jay

If you are going to use a non-standard port you will
also have to add that to the /etc/services file too.
For example, to use port 8080 instead of 80, add this
to the services file:

http             8080/tcp
http             8080/udp

and then change the port from 80 to 8080 in httpd.conf
and restart apace.

HTH,
jim