Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 07:38:33 -0700
From:      Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bri <brian.hood@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: strange procfs problem when compiling new sparc64 kernel

Bri wrote:
> I get this message on boot when it trys to mount the procfs from my
> /etc/fstab file
>
> procfs doesn't support the old mount syscall

You have to recompile your mount_std(8) system utility.  Remember that
make world + kernel build is the only supported upgrade path, meaning if
you only recompile your kernel or your userland, you are likelty to run
into problems like this one where the userland is not sync'd with the
kernel.

Maxime