Date:      Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:47:27 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-eclipse@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: adding and maintaining the port upstream

on 09/04/2011 21:00 Greg Lewis said the following:
> I'm very interested in that happening, but I have no time to pursue it.
> The bulk of my time is devoted to keeping the port of OpenJDK 7 (the
> OpenJDK hosted port that is, not java/openjdk7) up to date.

That is very important too.  Thank you for all that you've been doing over all
these many years.
I think that there were a few other people who made substantial contributions to
Eclipse.  As I am using Eclipse on FreeBSD for work, I could devote some (rather
small) portion of my time for Eclipse maintenance.  Unfortunately, I am so out of
the loop at the moment that it would be too hard for me to get started on my own.
It's possible that we haven't just grown enough community here (Eclipse/FreeBSD)
yet.  Java/FreeBSD community seems to be a little bit more active.

--
Andriy Gapon