Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:44:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        sebastian ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller@gmx.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: panic: handle_written_inodeblock: live inodedep

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, sebastian ssmoller wrote:

> hi,
> i am running 5.2 release - anyone having seen such problems. i am asking
> cause i am not sure whether it is a fbsd or a hardware problem ...

(re: subject)

I haven't had it happen to me, but someone else has.  Are your disks
particularly full?

I believe the report was that it happened if you performed a large I/O
operation just after booting with a dirty filesystem, so it was running
concurrently with bgfsck.

It might be repeatable with a generic snapshot.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org