Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 2014 19:55:16 -0800
From:      Rui Paulo <rpaulo@me.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, "Wojciech A. Koszek" <wkoszek@freebsd.org>, Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: comments on code-in tasks for FreeBSD (Re: FreeBSD + Google Code-In 2014 = we need ideas.)

On Nov 13, 2014, at 17:40, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it> wrote:
> But please nuke the current list -- it is completely inadequate
> for the code-in candidates and misleading for whoever wants to
> suggest new tasks. Again i am not saying that the projects
> suggested there are not important, just belong somewhere else
> e.g. gsoc.

I refrained from voicing my opinion while the call for help was going =
on, but I completely agree that the target age of this Google initiative =
is inadequate to FreeBSD.  The target population is 13 years to 17 years =
old and I cannot even imagine a 13 year old knowing what FreeBSD is.

I'm not sure we should participate in Code In ever again and perhaps we =
should focus our efforts on Summer of Code only.

--
Rui Paulo