Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 01:28:54 -0600
From:      Dan Debertin <airboss@nodewarrior.org>
To:        Koroush Saraf <koroush@pacbell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Routing question, Routed using one interface

 > Also I have addressed my computers in the 10.x.x.x range which is the
 > private IP address range and not internet routable.  Does ROUTED care about
 > the range of addresses in use or all IP addresses are using in the routing
 > table as valid routable addresses.  Just wanted to make sure this wasn't my
 > problem.

RIP is a classful routing protocol. So if the only network you're
using is 10/8, then each machine running routed will advertise a route
for 10/8, which will be discarded by every other machine because they
already have a connected route for that network.

Try using a few different (classful) networks on each machine.

Dan
--
Dan Debertin
airboss@nodewarrior.org