Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 10:10:02 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Bentley <linuxguy@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New Lug

On Friday, 25 May 2001 at  7:31:59 -0400, Bentley wrote:
> Hello, my name is Bentley Sorsdahl (Ben) I am the president of a new lug in
> Montreal. We have about 20 members so far and are continuing to grow.  Our
> URL is http://mrlug.org . I am not sure what FreeBSD offers for support of
> lugs, how ever I would like to know what support is available.  We are
> starting to arrange our first family install fest, as well promote Linux
> and its use.  I guess that is about all for now. Not sure what else to tell
> you or to ask.  Any and all information would be greatly welcome.

FreeBSD is a version of UNIX, not Linux.  But, like Linux, it's free,
and many Linux users are discovering that they prefer it.  I'd suggest
you and your members take a look at the web site
http://www.FreeBSD.org and then try it out.  If you have any
questions, that's what FreeBSD-questions is for.  If you decide to
include FreeBSD in your charter, we'll give you an entry at
http://www.freebsd.org/support.html#user; just send me HTML similar to
other entries and I'll put it in for you.

There used to be a FreeBSD user group in Montréal, but it seems to be
defunct now.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.